Partner Massage Workshop Series @ Eaton Wellness
This summer, bring a loved one and join us as we reconnect with our bodies and prioritize rest in a fun and enjoyable way.
About this event
Partner Massage for Lover and Friends is designed to help you remember the comforting power of non-sexual touch. You will be guided through all of the skills you need to create a deeply relaxing and enjoyable experience for a loved one using simple bodywork techniques. You will be able to use the skills you learn here for a lifetime!
What to expect:
*Ticket price is for 2 people*
EACH PARTNER WILL RECEIVE A 30-MINUTE MASSAGE, WHILE A PROFESSIONAL MASSAGE THERAPIST DEMONSTRATES TECHNIQUES ALONG THE WAY.
The space will be opened with some relaxing and playful practices to get us into our bodies and settled into the workshop. Next you will learn basic technique and practice them on props. Finally, you will connect with your massage partner and offer them their session.
You will learn:
- How to give a relaxing high-quality massage to a partner or a friend.
- Fun stretches to bring a smile and enhance a massage experience.
- Various tips, techniques, and props to create more comfort for the giver and receiver.
- The importance of touch as a simple tool for mental health and connection.
- Each couple will receive a reference card with foundational techniques and tips to use during the workshop and to take home.
Things to keep in mind:
- This is *CLOTHED* massage. Please wear comfy clothes that your body is able to move in.
- This style of massage will take place atop a mat on the ground with soft blankets and bolsters.
- Props and materials will be provided.
- B.Y.O.P :: Bring your own partner.
- No massage experience necessary!
LIMITED TO 5 COUPLES PER CLASS. SIGN UP NOW TO JOIN THIS EXPERIENCE.
Danielle Akua is a board licensed massage therapist and certified Thai Bodyworker with a focus on Somatic Healing and Nervous System wellness. Originally from Washington, DC, she has traveled the world providing tools, services, and education that support creators and innovators take care of their nervous system, stress levels, and emotional landscapes. Her offerings are built around an understanding that nervous system health is intricately connected to our mental, emotional and physical well being and thus, our ability to thrive in this world. Through holistic massage therapy and somatic practice, her mission is to provide space for deep rest and rejuvenation amongst a capitalist system. To learn more about her practice visit EMBODIEDSOMA.CO